They're Real!- A Mascara Review

Hey guys! Today I thought I'd share my thoughts on Benefit's They're Real! Mascara. There was a lot of hype over this mascara and I had heard tons of good things. Some people claim it's their Holy Grail mascara! After hearing all this, of course, I wanted to see what all the craze was about and decided to try it out for myself. 

Here's what Benefit claims this mascara does:
"They're real! lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts & separates. Our jet black, long-wearing formula won’t smudge or dry out. A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had!
94% saw dramatic length & volume*  
90% saw base-to-tip curl* 
94% saw visible lift* 
100% saw long-wearing results* 
*Results observed in a consumer panel survey"
Also, this mascara is priced at $22 and gets a 4.5/5 stars on their website.

Now, for my opinion...
I was really excited to try this mascara and my expectations were high. First off, I love the name of this mascara- very original. I also think the packaging is really cute- it's reminds me of a sleek bullet and the font is creative.



When I initially tried it, I felt that it glided on easily and the wand seemed to separate my lashes fairly well. I don't particularly like this type of plastic wand, but it's OK. The color is also really black, which is something I look for in a mascara. But, if your a girl who likes to wear a lighter shade of black or some type of brown, keep looking. This mascara comes in one color- jet black.



The pictures below are with 2 coats of mascara. The results are ehhh.. but not a total bust. I've gotten better results from drugstore mascara. In the picture (I'm not sure if you can tell) but on the outer-half of my lashes it's uneven. The base of my lashes look thicker with mascara while the tips look like I hardly got any mascara on them. 



By the end of the day I noticed that when I pinched my lashes, they didn't feel as if they ever dried. When I touched them, it felt like a sticky mess. The picture below shows after I pinched my lashes and rubbed my two fingers together. You can clearly see that the mascara has rubbed off. I also noticed by the end of the day that mascara had smudged a little underneath my eyes but nothing too terribly noticeable. 


Overall, in all honesty, for the money I don't think it's that great. It's definitely not my Holy Grail. I think that this product was a little overrated but it's not the worst I've tried. Maybe you'll like it (it did receive 4.5/5 stars) but for me, I won't be repurchasing this again. 


Don't forget to follow me on FB!- http://www.facebook.com/BeautyGuide101?ref=tn_tnmn



0 comments:

Post a Comment

X Posts