MAC Fix Plus Review and How To

While in MAC the other day, I decided to pick up Fix+ because I had heard of others liking it and wanted to see what the rave was about. I guess I figured why not, right? If you don't really know me, I am not shy when it comes to makeup. I typically wear a full face of makeup unless I'm in a huge hurry and don't have time (it also depends on where I'm going.) Anyways, over the past couple years I've noticed that sometimes I seem to look a little "powdery" when I'm completely done applying my makeup. I knew I wanted to get something from MAC to help me out, so I picked up Fix+.


Fix+ is a skin refresher/finishing mist. It is to be applied before or after makeup to freshen up your face. The description on the back of the box states:
"A soothing moisture mist that refreshes the skin and finished makeup. Hold bottle 12"away from face and spray evenly. Use before or after makeup."
In the ingredients list near the bottom it states that Fix+ contains: Water, Glycerin, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Caffeine, and a few other things. 

I have tried this product several times since I've purchased it. I love the way it makes my skin feel. I really do believe it refreshens my face. I like that on the top of the bottle you have the option to lock the pump so it doesn't leak on anything when you travel with it. I also think that the spray comes out in a nice even mist- it's not like a stream of liquid. It comes out in a perfect even mist that covers your entire face with every spray. I have found that I prefer to use Fix+ after I have finished all of my makeup to diminish the look of any excess powder that may have been left behind. 

Even though I do like this product, there is one thing that makes me wonder... Since this product is pretty much water, would I get the same result if I simply filled the bottle up with filtered water? I don't know. Maybe I'll give it a shot one day and let you know. I know cucumber and caffeine are good for your skin but does it make that much of a difference?

Here are a few ways I like to use Fix+:
1. Refreshen your face before applying makeup. Or you can use it to simply refreshen your face throughout the day (especially since summer's coming!) I love the feeling of the cool mist on my face.

2. Sprits your face after you have finished applying all of your makeup. Sometimes after makeup application, you may notice you seem a little powdery. To blend your makeup into your skin for a more natural look, spray this evenly over your entire face and allow it to sit to dry for a few seconds. This allows the makeup to set into your skin and not sit on top of it.
Translucent loose powder
Loose powder sprayed with Fix+
After loose powder and Fix+ have dried
3. Use Fix+ as a mixing medium to help put on loose pigments. Spray your eyeshadow brush with Fix+ (make sure your brush is damp, not drenched) and gently pick up pigment. Tap off any excess pigment and pat on your lid to apply. Using this method also helps the pigment stay on longer because the Fix+ acts a bonding agent.

4. Make baked eyeshadows more vibrant. Like with the pigment, spray your eyeshadow brush with Fix+, dip your brush into the baked eyeshadow, and pat on lid. Typically, baked eyeshadows don't have a lot of color payoff when they are used dry so spraying your brush with Fix+ really transforms your baked eyeshadows into colors that are really vibrant and beautiful with amazing payoff.


Wet 'N Wild Baked Palette. I used the bottom left color (it's my fav)
Left: Applied with Fix+, Right: Applied Dry
5. Use Fix+ to dilute concealer or foundation. If you have a concealer that is one the thicker side or may be harder to apply, give a quick spray to the concealer to make it easier to work with. Or if you have a thicker/more full coverage foundation and want to sheer it out a little for summer, mix foundation and a spray of Fix+ on the back of your hand or in a small dish and apply. *Another Tip: If you have a fast drying foundation that doesn't give you a lot of application time, try using Fix+ to give you a little more time to perfect your liquid foundation.

Foundation with a spray of Fix+
Foundation and Fix+ mixed
6. You can also use Fix+ to help slightly thin out thicker, creamier products. Try using it with a gel eyeliner. It makes application easier because it glides on smoother. It kind of turns it into a gel/liquid consistency. 

Overall, I'm happy with this purchase. There are so many ways Fix+ can be used in your day-to-day routine. It is a good multi-use product. If you have tried it let me know what your thoughts are. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

X Posts